Head of laboratory: Ivanenko V.I., Dr.Sc (Engineering)
Tel: (81555) 79-524.
Number of the staff: 15 (including 5 research assistants, 1 doctor, 5 candidates of science, and 2 post-graduate students).
Trends of research:
- chemistry and technology of rare and disseminated elements;
- creating of a scientific basis for comprehensive utilization of rare-metal minerals and technogenic wastes;
- solvent-extraction technologies for separating rare elements, zirconium and hafnium;
- chelation of rare elements;
- new methods for synthesis of rare-element compounds of desired composition, including nano-size powders of ferroelectric materials;
- methods for purification of rare-metal products from radioactive contaminants;
- methods for liquid waste purification;
- electromembrane technologies.
- technologies for lanthanide extraction and separation in the course of a comprehensive processing of locally-available rare-earth minerals (loparite, apatite concentrate and others);
- technology of baddeleyite concentrate purification from radioactive and other impurities, developed in cooperation with JSC "Kovdorsky GOK" mining company;
- solvent-extraction technology for the production of high-purity zirconium compounds from minerals and technogenic wastes;
- methods for synthesizing ferroelectric alkaline element niobates and tantalates, alkali-earth element titanates and zirconates, stoichiometric compounds of the potassium titanyl phosphate subgroup in the form of nano-size powders of narrow grain-size classes;
- deactivation technology for liquid radioactive wastes with increased mineral salt-, suspension- and oil contents;
- n-depth purification of effluents from fluorine ions;
- technologies for rubidium and cesium metals production and deep purification of alkaline metals;
- electromembrane technologies of acid recovery, including hydrofluoric acid, from solutions; production of alkali element hydroxides from respective salts, and utilization of ammoniate-containing solutions.
- Sedneva T.A., Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Yakubovich E.N., Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Belikov М.L., Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Korneykov R.I., Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Tareeva О.А., Ph.D. (Engineering)