Tel: (81555) 79-466.
Number of the staff: 12 (including 7 research associates, 1 doctor and 4 candidates of science)
Trends of research:
- development of novel materials, including those with enhanced radiation-protecting, tribo-engineering and mechanical properties;
- searching for regularities in and upgrading of the processes of gas-, water- and centrifugal dispersing of metal melts to produce powders with controlled fineness of pulverization and morphology;
- gaining insights into the processes of noble metal extraction and concentration, their sorption and heterogeneous hydrolysis, in particular;
- studying of regularities and designing of manufacturing procedures for moulding of sputtering targets of complex composition;
- designing of new metallothermic and // processes of compound alloys, specifically those containing components with a high steam pressure;
- New methods for the production of nano-size metal and oxide powders, including of complex composition.
New technologies and materials:
- an environmentally friendly process for the production of various metal-to- phosphorus alloys directly from apatite or forsterite concentrates. Unlike the conventionally applied processes, it eliminates red phosphorus hazardous to human health;
- a number of singular aluminium-based composites have been obtained. For instance, an Al-B composite with higher than common neutron-absorbing capacity, applicable for manufacturing containers for storing and shipping nuclear materials;
- an aluminium-silicon carbide composite with unique mechanical properties: strength, hardness, and weldability. Both the composites compare more than favorably with imported analogues;
- new alloys and composites for magnetron sputtering targets used in the electronic industry;
- methods for the production of nano-size binary powders of the Co, Fe-Co, Fe-Cr and other compositions, currently being developed.
- Pechenyk S.I., Dr.Sc. (Chemistry),
- Kolesnikova I.G. Ph.D. (Engineering),
- Domonov D.P. Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Semushina Yu.P. Ph.D. (Engineering)