Head of laboratory: Grishin Nikolay Nikitovich, Dr.Sc. (Chemistry)
Tel: (81555) 79-596.
Number of the staff: 6 (including 2 research associates, 1 doctor and 1 candidate of science)
Trends of research:
- creating of theoretical models for heat transfer in brick-lining, criteria for the thermal resistance of refractory materials taking into account the operating conditions, selecting of parameters of a system controlling the conditions of thermal conductivity and destruction in refractory linings, based on non-equilibrium thermodynamics;
- production of refractory materials from natural and man-made resources of the Kola peninsula;
- development of multi-layer linings.
- heat-resistant forsterite-containing refractory materials doped with various magnesium-silicate minerals found on the Kola peninsula (olivinites, dunites, by-products of chromite ore preliminary processing, with the physico-chemical characteristics exceeding those required by GOST (State Standard) 14832-96: density – 2550-2730 kg/v3, water absorption – 6-7%, porosity – 18-20% (24-25%)*, compressive strength – 50-65 MPa (28-30 MPa)*, temperature of the onset of deformation under load – 1610-1620оC (1570-1590оC)*, temperature of 4%compression under load – 1660-1680оC, heat resistance up to 20(1)* thermal cycles (1300оC – water);
- a series of forsterite-carbonaceous materials with a heat resistance of up to 50 thermal cycles (1300оC – water);
- a forsterite-spinel material with heat resistance of up to 10 thermal cycles (1300оC – water) designed for high-temperature plants employing no other but forsterite-carbonaceous refractories due to peculiarly occurring processes;
- refractory concretes from raw and roasted olivinite of the Khabozero deposit and dunite of the Sopchozero deposit with the following characteristics: density – 2300-2400 kg/m3, strength – 15-30 MPa, heat resistance – more than 30 thermal cycles (1300оC – water).
Production and commercialization: the technologies have passed the stage of research development and laboratory testing. Funding is required to produce pilot-scale batches and test them.
- Belogurova O.A., Ph.D.(Engineering).