Head of laboratory: Gromov Pyotr Borisovich, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
Tel: (81555) 79-464, 31-658.
Number of the staff: 14 (including 9 research associates and 5 candidates of science).
Trends of research:
- research and development of hydrometallurgical technologies for iron, non-ferrous, rare, and noble metal extraction;
- processes of solvent extraction and purification of metals;
- designing and manufacturing of extraction equipment.
New technologies and apparatuses:
- regularities of emulsion separation during the solvent extraction have been investigated. More than 400 extractors of the mixer-settler type for the production of rare, rare-earth, and non-ferrous metals have been designed, tested and commercialized. The apparatuses are protected by the patents of the USA, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland, India and other countries;
- a solvent-extraction technology for the production of pure iron oxide from etching solutions of metallurgical processes;
- a technology of copper extraction from the copper-nickel process waste, including the sulphuric acid recovery.
at the disposal of the Laboratory is a set of extractional equipment including a plant for flow hydrodynamics studies, and various-capacity solvent-extraction multi-step pilot plants.
- Kopkova E.K.,Ph.D. (Engineering)
- Petrova А.М.,Ph.D. (Engineering)
Sector leader: Kasikov Alexander Georgievich, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
Tel: (81555) 79-653.
Number of the staff: 5 (including 5 research associates and 3 candidates of science.
Trends of research:
- research and development of hydrometallurgical technologies for cobalt and platinum-metal resources;
- utilization of metallurgical wastes to produce new engineering materials;
The Sector is involved in active cooperation with the All-Russia Institute of Aircraft Materials, GIPRONIKEL Institute, and St.Petersburg Technological Institute.
New technologies designed and introduced at JSC Severonikel Combine:
- solvent-extraction hydrochloride technology yielding high-purity cobalt products;
- technology of osmium hydrothermal oxidation and extraction from anion-exchange resin;
- technology for the production of flotation activator from copper process waste.
- Areshina N.S.,Ph.D.(Engineering)
- Dyakova L.V.,Ph.D.(Engineering)